RE: smon 4030 - quick ideas?

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 17:11:56 -0700

>>>ORA-04030 means that the Oracle process attempted to
>>>allocate more memory for heap, similar to using the C
>>>"malloc()" function, so process limits could be very relevant...

Right, Tim, but since I didn't see what platform it is or any other detail, I'd like to remind people that malloc() (actually the brk() system call) also fails if the heap whacks the attach address of the SGA. If there has been any of that funky SGA relocation down to addresses just north of the initialized data you'll get this too. So, questions:

  1. Did the .trc file show a system call failure? It should because 4030 is the result of an OSD failure.
  2. Any "Relocating the SGA" madness going on ?