Re: smon 4030 - quick ideas?

From: John D Parker <orclwzrd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 15:29:44 -0700 (PDT)

checked ulimits first, no probs there, smon has accumulated over a gb of memory, been getting that message over and over for over and hour. Only thing I can think of is stop/starting the instance to free up the smon memory.

Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com> wrote: Make sure that process limits (i.e. "ulimit -a") for the Oracle software owner account (usually "oracle") are set as recommended by Oracle Support, as in MetaLink note #169706.1?

ORA-04030 means that the Oracle process attempted to allocate more memory for heap, similar to using the C "malloc()" function, so process limits could be very relevant...