Re: orasrp

From: James Foronda <James.Foronda_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 14:15:25 -0400

Glassan,

What's the problem you are having with orasrp? I'm asking because I've used it in the past and I encountered some problems with files with *lots* of bind lines. The problem I had was that it would not even finish (I let it run for 2+ days) because it eats up all the memory. I posted the problem in the orasrp forum. The work-around that was suggested by the author (Egor?) is to use the --binds(?) switch in the command line so that it bypasses the bind lines. When I did that, it was able to process the file but then there is no "binds" section in the report.

But then I also found out something else. I have used the Hotsos profiler in the past and I compared the output between hotsos and orasrp using the same input files. I found some differences between the outputs of the two products. These are big differences such that you can not attribute them to rounding errors.

Which one is correct? I don't know but I intend to find out when I have time. :)

James