Re: Logical Standby Database Question

From: Mark Strickland <strickland.mark_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 06:49:29 -0700

Thank you for the responses: Yes, we've considered the impact if the physical standby is out of commission for an extended time. The end-users can live without their reporting database for a day. Mission-critical reporting is going to stay on the primary. I'm looking for a best practice if there is one and, if anyone has actually implemented a cascaded configuration, have there been any gotchas.

Mark