RE: PUBLIC grants

From: Ric Van Dyke <ric.van.dyke_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 18:03:21 -0500

I've run it to this before, so it's not that weird. But as far as I know the answer is NO. It's called PUBLIC for a reason. :-)

If there is a way to limit this access I'd like to hear about it.

Tanks

Ric Van Dyke

Hotsos Enterprises

Hotsos Symposium March 4-8, 2007. Be there.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Verma, Amit Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 5:14 PM
To: Oracle-L Freelists
Subject: PUBLIC grants

Is there a way to restrict a user from being able to access tables on which privileges have been granted to public (like below)???

Grant select on <table_name> to public;

We have privs granted to public in our production system. The requirement is to let couple of auditors view some (not all) data temporarily using SQL*Plus.

I know it's a weird question, but any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

-Amit.