RE: Oracle's relationships with expert DBAs (and the rest of us mere mortals)

From: MVE <mvetmp-ora_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 15:37:51 -0700 (PDT)

There's no "brutal OS/platform religious wars" in our shop and we DO succeed, not only do we succeed but we are the first company to implement Direct Order Fulfillment Business Model using ORACLE Advanced Supply Chain Planning in record time of THREE month in (2002).

We are so efficient at what we do that in 2004 our State of the Art operation was called "Lean Machine" by ORACLE's PROFIT magazine.

Did we get here all because of ORACLE/Solaris? Heck NO! We know what we are doing from top down. But it sure helps especially when you consider that our MAIN production environment consist of 20 servers supported by:

   2 DBAs and 2 SA

with the following load:

   Data Growth per Year

   Operational DBs 32GB
   Warehouse DBs 124GB

   10GB worth of REDO throughput per 24 hours    3-4 thousand SQL*Net connections per hour

Additionally we manage 12 smaller production databases.