RE: Oracle's relationships with expert DBAs (and the rest of us mere mortals)

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:45:29 -0700

>>>I figured this thread would have been closed by now. As we
>>>all know it is all about the right tools for the right skill
>>>set for the right job for the right price.

You are 100% correct, Ken. Reading between the lines in Vitaliy's posts lends me to wonder whether there are forces within his organization trying to influence a koolaid-drunken wholesale leap into a Linux-based solution. I've seen that in a lot of shops. Incidentally, those are the shops that don't end up going forward with a Linunx deployment. The once that do (in my experience with our product set) are the ones that have a level headed approach to using the right tool for the right job.

We generally walk out of the deals where there is brutal OS/platform religious wars because those projects never succeed.