Re: Oracle's relationships with expert DBAs (and the rest of us mere mortals)

From: MVE <mvetmp-ora_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:10:14 -0700 (PDT)

Correct.

> Their users probably care about their applications and access to their data
> (and availability of), not on what database, what operating systems on what
> hardware is supporting the backend functionality.

And to deliver "access to their data" and "availability" THEY choose ORACLE and the shop size grew according to THEIR business requirement nothing else.

To support the "now ORACLE shop" WE (IT) have to choose best practices. Best practices vary from shop to shop depending on it's size and business requirements.

> I don't think that Bill _needs_ to compare anything to anything.
> He merely provided anectodal evidence.

"anectodal" that is.