Re: Slow create LMT - Oracle or Disk

From: Anand Rao <panandrao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 12:19:43 +0530

Just some thoughts....

did you check for any async IO problems? is the async IO driver configured properly? i usually wouldn't dare ask these questions for a Tru64 box....it works like a charm...

but, you never know. check the trace files in udump or for some alert.logmessages.

since you mentioned file...i am assuming you are using a filesystem such as JFS2. any errors in /var/adm/messages ? or in the /var/adm/syslog.<date>/syslog.log ?

maybe some other process is pumping IO into the same disk or VG ???? ...

cheers
anand