Re: Is it possible to print from PL/SQL without using external procedures?

From: Anurag Varma <avoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 00:32:56 -0400

On 5/26/06, Magnus Andersen <mag.andersen_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Is there a way to print to a printer from a stored procedure without
> using external procedures? I'd like to issue the equivalent to "lpr
> -o raw -P printer_name file_name" where the file_name is replaced with
> a variable.

Something like writing to (dbms) pipe from stored procedure and having a listener
script on OS side pulling messages/commands out of that pipe and executing them.
Thought I'd mention it as an alternative if none other alternatives discussed in this thread are viable for you...

I'm running Oracle 9.2.0.7 on RHEL 3. The printer I'm trying to print
> to is a Zebra label printer.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
> Magnus Andersen