Re: 10gR2 - direct path load with enabled indexes - lots of undo generated from indexes

From: Christo Kutrovsky <kutrovsky.oracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 09:19:25 -0400

Thanks Dimitre I read the who whole thread.

Still the following two items puzzle me from a technology point of view. 1. why is there no special case where the index is empty at the start of the transaction
2. why does it take as much undo space as the whole index, to undo a merge of something big into something non-existant.

--
Christo Kutrovsky
Senior Database/System Administrator