RE: Tablespace reorganisation

From: Freeman, Donald <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 09:25:26 -0400

I think generally as a matter of convenience to you. I have noted that everytime a new DBA comes in he wishes to either increase the number of tablespaces from 5 to 40 or reduce them from 40 to 5. Management is impressed and it keeps him busy for a day or so. We also did it to change some dictionary managed tablespaces to locally managed. If your disks are managed properly you should haven't any performance reason to do so.