RE: OTish: SQL Server boo recommendation please.

From: Mary Bahrami <mbahrami_at_seattletimes.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 13:39:37 -0700

We also centralized SS databases about 3 years ago and have been doing new in-house development in SS due to cost of Oracle licensing. (boo) Great non-MS sites are: sqlservercentral.com and sqldts.com. The Delaney book is good for architecture, but for practical uses/scripts see 'sql server 2000 DBA Survival Guide'. An excellent book for the tsql transition is 'sql server 2000 programming' by Viera. Books Online
(BOL) that you can install with any version of SS is excellent, the
search sucks if you don't know the correct term, but googling 'oracleterm sql server' usually works. SS2005 is a big transition, pretty much requiring a rewrite for some apps here, so consider it for new apps....