Re: Is it possible to print from PL/SQL without using external procedures?

From: Michael Haddon <m.haddon_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 23:08:36 -0500

There is a wonderfull procedure I found on AskTom that calls a java program to execute an operating system command such as LPR or print or whatever, I use it to call exp for retention

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:14249110430297230627::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:952229840241

Mike

Yes, it is possible to do that. The best canned way to do so that I'm aware
of is to install extproc_perl. Of course, if you don't want to do that, you
can always resort to UTL_HTTP and a CGI procedure which would accept the file
argument and send it to the desired printer.

I'm running Oracle 9.2.0.7 on RHEL 3.  The printer I'm trying to print
to is a Zebra label printer.

Oh, Zebra! That's something entirely different! You can't do that.
This works only for HP printers. No grazing animals allowed.

-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri May 26 2006 - 23:08:36 CDT