Re: Listener with mixed releases

From: Andrey Kriushin <Andrey.Kriushin_at_rdtex.ru>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:00:03 +0400

My 2 "kopejkas"

Don't know if this is related to the lsnrctl program in particular, but my experience shows that environment variable ORACLE_HOME always has special value for most of oracle programs. For example, error message descriptions are searched in a catalog relative to ORACLE_HOME, so do NLS RTL, unless ORA_NLSnn is set and so on. Thus I'd suggest to create a shell wrapper which sets 10g environment before calling lsnrctl from another ORACLE_HOME. Just to avoid potential traps.

Also beware of another potential issues which deal with parsing of lsnrctl output by those monitoring tools.

HTH