RE: Listener with mixed releases

From: Wolfson Larry - lwolfs <lawrence.wolfson_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:57:37 -0500

Rich,

      We are running the highest listener. The problem with 10G is it isn't compatible with lower releases.
 For example if you do a "lsnrctl status" etc.

        Typically what happens is some monitor program like BMC's Patrol or OpenView issues a command using the lsnrctl from whatever ORACLE_HOME exists for the database it is monitoring. 10G doesn't like that if it isn't a 10G OH.

        Was wondering if a more elegant/problem-free solution than my soft link exists.

	Thanks
	Larry