Re: dbms_stats result ora-600

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 22:32:37 -0400

On 05/23/2006 10:02:34 PM, fairlie rego wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From the information you have provided it appears to be bug 2252824
> but I might be able to confirm if you send me the trace file.
> Set _enable_type_dep_selectivity to true and see if it helps.
>
> Regards,
> Fairlie

Fairlie, I know you hare experienced guy and I'm already used to your magic, but I need a bit of explanation for this. For the bug you listed Metalink says the following:

Click here for details of sections in this note. Bug 2252824 ANALYZE TABLE with COLUMN STATISTICS may OERI:16515 or not collect statistics  This note gives a brief overview of bug 2252824. Affects:

    Product (Component)	Oracle Server (RDBMS)
    Range of versions believed to be affected	Versions < 10G
    Versions confirmed as being affected

    Platforms affected Generic (all / most platforms affected)

Fixed:

    This issue is fixed in

Symptoms:

Related To:

Description

    Analyzing a table already having column statistics can signal an     ORA-600 [16515] or silently generate no statistics

    Workaround:
      Delete previous statistics and run analyze again.

What is the parameter you mention and why do you think it might help?

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com