RE: detect connection problems

From: Eric Buddelmeijer <Eric.Buddelmeijer_at_elegant.nl>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 17:30:03 +0200

Hi Johan,

We have had similar problems with Hibernate. One of our java developers found out that the connection pool itself is able to detect if the connections are dead and can be reconnected when necessary. It is an option built into the connection pool java object or something (not a Java developer myself). If the developer here can find that option, your developer must be able to find that as well. Google is his/her friend ;-) Maybe it is even a good aspect of java?

Regards,
Eric.