Re: Downloading Oracle Patches

From: Joe Cooper <aregularjoe8_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 10:13:23 -0700 (PDT)

I had the same problem recently. On the patch download page, Oracle offers:

  "You may also download patches using any FTP client by connecting to updates.oracle.com. Connect with your Metalink username and password and read the welcome banner for more instructions."

  I must've been on that page hundreds of times, but never noticed this paragraph until I had an issue with obscenely slow download speeds (i.e < 7K/sec) and opened up a SR.

  HTH       Joe Cooper
  Senior Oracle DBA
  Department of Veteran Affairs
  Austin Automation Center
  Austin, TX

"Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us> wrote:   All,

I'm attempting to download a 9.2.0.7 patch for NT. The McAfee virus scan failed on my machine because of a stupid time limit setting. I tried downloading thru Metalink.

Is there an Ftp site where I can do this any easier?

Thanks

Tom

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sun May 21 2006 - 12:13:23 CDT