Re: HELP URGENT CORRUPTED DATA

From: Michael Haddon <m.haddon_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 21:50:02 -0500

Another question I haven't seen any answers to is "what errors are you
seeing?"

There could be any number of issues and several ways to determine the cause, I would recommend the following,..

Identify the function (I assume you already know this).
Detemrine the objects that are accessed by this function, then check the logging on these objects.
If those objects all have logging, then maybe some mining to see the DDL on these objects could help to determine tha activity that caused the problem.
If you can do some mining then you should be able to eliminate any select statements and concentrate on any update/insert/deletes during these few hours to find the problem.

If some objects are being logged and others aren't you just might get lucky.
Otherwise if you are not logging then I kind of agree that you might be in for some long nights.

First - post the errors and maybe we can be of further help.

Mike

Jared Still wrote:
Hi Paula,

The question that several have asked, and has not been answered,
(unless I just missed it) is "How do you know you have corrupted data?"

Jared

On 5/19/06, Paula Stankus <paulastankus@yahoo.com> wrote:
Guys,

We recovered a database, did a dbverify - everything looked good, exports are working fine.  However, we recovered to an earlier point (few hours earlier) and on the "earlier"  database we have no errors in a specific function of the application in the "later" one we have errors.  We have been beating our hands against the brick wall doing comparisons of the data - the comparisons - table by table, column by column look okay.  We have been working on this issue round-the-clock for days.

-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri May 19 2006 - 21:50:02 CDT