Re: HELP URGENT CORRUPTED DATA

From: Paula Stankus <paulastankus_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:54:18 -0700 (PDT)

I did a validate cascade and there were no errors.

  I did a dbverify on the index and data tablespaces no blocks corrupted.

Robyn <robyn.sands_at_gmail.com> wrote:
  Paula,

Are you getting corrupt index/data errors? We had a similar situation and discovered that many of our corruption errors were caused by corrupt indexes. The indexes can be dropped and recreated to resolve this issue.

In some causes we had corrupt data; for those items I recreated as much info as I could from an index and found the rest of the data in a backup copy.

The verify process gave us some inconclusive results; some of the objects passed the verify yet reported block corruption which had to be repaired block by block.

hth ... Robyn

On 5/19/06, Paula Stankus
wrote:

> Guys,
>
> We recovered a database, did a dbverify - everything looked good, exports
> are working fine. However, we recovered to an earlier point (few hours
> earlier) and on the "earlier" database we have no errors in a specific
> function of the application in the "later" one we have errors. We have been
> beating our hands against the brick wall doing comparisons of the data - the
> comparisons - table by table, column by column look okay. We have been
> working on this issue round-the-clock for days.
>
> Questions:
>
> A-Can an index be somehow causing this problem and can we use validate
> structure or something to be sure of the validity of the index? - analyze
> table validate structure...cascade...
>
> B-Can there be missing characters (characters we cannot visually see)
> causing the problem and can a "MINUS" find it if there is? :)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paula

> New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save
> big.

Ring'em or ping'em. Make  PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.