Re: Oracle on Windows Vs. Linux

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:20:02 -0700

Have you set noatime for the oracle filesystems?

It is I believe a standard practice on linux/unix, though I'm not sure of any solid measurements of performance difference.

see
http://www.oracle.com/technology/oramag/webcolumns/2002/techarticles/scalzo_linux01.html for example.

(google for it, the supplied URL was the first I found that mentioned it for Oracle)

Jared

--
Jared Still