RE: HELP URGENT CORRUPTED DATA

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 13:29:53 -0400

Paula,

Did you have any nologging operations on the data that was recovered? If so, it's possible that your data is still logically corrupt, even after successful recovery.

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.  --Richard P. Feynman, 1918-1988

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Paula Stankus Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 1:19 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: re: HELP URGENT CORRUPTED DATA Guys, We recovered a database, did a dbverify - everything looked good, exports are working fine. However, we recovered to an earlier point (few hours earlier) and on the "earlier" database we have no errors in a specific function of the application in the "later" one we have errors. We have been beating our hands against the brick wall doing comparisons of the data - the comparisons - table by table, column by column look okay. We have been working on this issue round-the-clock for days. Questions: A-Can an index be somehow causing this problem and can we use validate structure or something to be sure of the validity of the index? - analyze table validate structure...cascade... B-Can there be missing characters (characters we cannot visually see) causing the problem and can a "MINUS" find it if there is? :) Thanks, Paula
New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman5/*http://us.rd.yahoo.co m/evt=39666/*http://messenger.yahoo.com> and save big. -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l