RE: Oracle on Windows Vs. Linux

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 09:32:10 -0700

>>>Dare I say it, but maybe Windows does have better IO
>>>performance then Linux. I'm not a linux nor a windows
>>>bigot. Whatever works best, I use.

...Windows does have better I/O than Linux but I don't think this is the issue. It could well be that Linux is more of a victim to the virtualization that Windows is...for whatever reason. After all, the origin post said this testing is being done in virtual partitions.

I bet 50 cents than the numbers would be closer if Oracle was, um, a little closer to the HW than it is now...virtualization tortures I/O and that torturing may be more painfull to Lin than Win