RE: Optimizer issue

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:37:27 -0400

If is possible that for specific queries that the CBO could make an incorrect choice for which index to use. There are some bugs especially related to ANSI join syntax where incorrect results can be produced so depending on your Oracle database version and the manner in which the vendor application is written there exists the possibility. However, as you posted the CBO seems to have gotten quite a bit of the application SQL correct.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --