RE: Current archiver destination

From: Schultz, Charles <sac_at_uillinois.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 08:03:41 -0500

I think we may have seen a similar situation, based on what you have shared so far. We also have 2 standbys, and found that one was taking much longer to write to than the other destinations, which quickly becomes a bottleneck for your archiver. Ironically, the one that was closer (geographically) was significantly slower due to slower disk.

Unfortunately, I still do not know of a way to determine exactly which destination is being written to at a specific point in time. I am willing to bet that some gurus on this list will know, though.