RE: Sql Query

From: Igor Neyman <ineyman_at_perceptron.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 11:44:00 -0400

Wouldn't this be sufficient:

with T AS (

    SELECT verse, LEVEL lvl, SYS_CONNECT_BY_PATH(file_name, ',') text     FROM ( select 1 verse, rownum piece, file_name from dba_data_files )

      CONNECT BY verse = PRIOR verse
             AND piece - 1 = PRIOR piece
      START WITH piece = 1

    order by lvl desc )
select text from T
where rownum = 1
/

which is just "internal" part of your query (slightly modified) ?

Igor

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Sanjay Mishra Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 10:56 AM
To: kennaim_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Sql Query

Few Weeks Back I posted a question and got few very good response. Actually What I am looking is the big list in single SQL query and cannot use the PL sql or allowed to create the SQL function, I had finally used good points from all reply and created the following SQL. Here I used file_name from dba_data_files . I thought it is good to share as somebody who is reall expert in SQL can do some more fine-tuning. This will atleast work good for mine requirement but may give some issue if the Text cross the Concat restriction.

select text from (
select verse, lvl, text, rank() over(partition by verse order by lvl desc) rn
from
  (
    SELECT verse, LEVEL lvl, SYS_CONNECT_BY_PATH(file_name, ',') text     FROM ( select 1 verse, rownum piece, file_name from dba_data_files )

      CONNECT BY verse = PRIOR verse
             AND piece - 1 = PRIOR piece
      START WITH piece = 1

    )x
) y
where rn=1
/

Any advice or suggestion are most welcome. Tx
Sanjay

Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

        Ken

	SQL> select stragg(table_name) from user_tables
	  2  /
	select stragg(table_name) from user_tables
	*
	ERROR at line 1:
	ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error
	ORA-06512: at "SYS.STRING_AGG_TYPE", line 17
	ORA-06512: at line 1

	It works for Group by Clauses like
	 select table_name,stragg(index_name) from user_indexes group by
table_name
	Regds
	Sanjay

	Ken Naim <kennaim_at_gmail.com> wrote:

		Search for stragg on http://asktom.oracle.com

________________________________
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Sanjay Mishra Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 1:12 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Sql Query Sql Gurus I need to create the sql script that can display all
tables from user_tables in one line seperated by ",". Is there any straighforward SQL that can display the result in Horizontal instead of single table in each row.
		Regds
		Sanjay

Yahoo! Mail goes everywhere you do. Get it on your phone
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=31132/*http:/mobile.yahoo.com/services?promo te=mail> .

        How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http://us.rd.yahoo.co m/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com>

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman3/*http://us.rd.yahoo.co m/evt=39666/*http://messenger.yahoo.com> PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.