Data Privacy, Auditing, Encryption Question

From: Kirtikumar Deshpande <kedeshpande_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 07:37:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,

 We are being asked to employ, for certain databases, data access monitoring and auditing tool that will not use any Oracle supplied mechanisms. The requirement implies separation of responsibility between DBAs and auditing data. So we are looking at 3rd party offerings.

 In addition to this, encryption of certain data will also be required, but, without using Oracle supplied mechanisms. The solution must be 'DBA free'.

 Has anyone done something like this?

 I would appreciate any and all the information.

 Thanks.

 Regards,

Do You Yahoo!?