Re: FreeNAS for Oracle

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 21:35:13 +0800

Unrelated to use of Oracle, but during a recent series of large conversions, we had need to take several backups of our database - couple of thousand bucks got us some cheapy ATA and USB disks on a PC, whacked in an FreeNAS iso image on CD and voila! A few terabytes of NFS storage...it worked an absolute treat.

--
Connor McDonald

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"