Re: dbms_stats (sql) 10g

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 21:13:06 -0400

my database is picky ... I have learned its favorite % (for stats collection) and wrote my own job to collect stats. First thing after installation was to drop the automated job from the schedule. Anyways the night time is of no use for me since my timeframe for stats collection is between 6-6:30am or 9-10am.

I know, I know I can set-up scheduling windows etc, but rolling out my own code was much easier.

Raj

On 5/17/06, David Turner <dnt9000_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm curious if anyone is intentionally using the dbms_stats.gather_database_stats_job_proc scheduled in 10g. Has anyone replaced the job because of limitations with it? From what I've read it looks reasonable but if someone has found any failings with it I would appreciate to hear about them.

Got RAC?