RE: Changing SID

From: Hallas, John, Tech Dev <John.Hallas_at_gb.vodafone.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:15:27 +0100

Metalink Doc 224266.1

I find NID very useful when building a SIT,LT and UAT database on the same server and creating the second 2 from the first. No problem renaming the database using backup controlfile to trace but using nid is good for getting the RMAN backup to work after changing the DBID

John

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Amir Gheibi Sent: 13 May 2006 16:26
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Changing SID

Hi everybody,

I'm using Oracle 10g R2 installed on Fedora Core 4. I have to change the SID of my database. I heard NID can do that, but I couldn't find a proper sample about it.

Could anyone please help me with a sample or a proper documentation?

Thanks in advance
Amir Gheibi