Re: RMAN DUPLICATE DATABASE From ASM to ASM

From: oracle <oracle_at_digistar.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 12:46:22 -0400

> RMAN-04006: error from auxiliary database: ORA-12528: TNS:listener: all
> appropriate instances are blocking new connections

I resolved this by juggling the connections around such that I connect to the auxiliary locally by running rman on the auxiliary instance.

That works fine.... but now i've hit another issue...

I'm running a regular backup on the target to write to files on the local hard disk which I copy to the auxiliary host, into the same directory structure, etc.

But when it comes time to issue the duplicate database command it doesn't use the files. crosscheck says they are expired.? strange...

I wish there was a way to allocate a channel that ties into the ASM +FLASH area of the target so the auxiliary can read from that directly instead of having to create files on the local disk, etc.

thanks