RE: Oracle 9.2 Basic Replication

From: Laimutis Nedzinskas <Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_landsbanki.is>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:30:27 -0000

if you need no table group consistency then just create snapshot logs and snapshots.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of amonte Sent: 12. maí 2006 10:24
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Oracle 9.2 Basic Replication

Hi all

I am trying to replicate 50 tables from one database to another using Oracle 9.2.0.7 on Sun Solaris. this will be basic replication, read only MVs.

I am reading the replication manual (which talks about ADVANCED Replication) and it says I need to set up a master site and a materialized view site, then in master site create a replication administrator, proxy administrator etc (more steps).

My previous experience in basic replication goes back to Oracle 8, at that time I only hahd to create snapshots at snapshot site and create snapshot logs at master site and create a refresh group to ensure data integrity.

In 9.2 do I really need to perform all the tasks I mentioned or I can use the old Oracle 8 way?

TIA Alex

Fyrirvari/Disclaimer
http://www.landsbanki.is/disclaimer