Re: Moving Oracle server from HPUX/Solaris to AIX

From: Mark Brinsmead <pythianbrinsmead_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 16:13:17 -0400

As long as both are 64-bit processors, Oracle won't care. Of course, there may be performance differences...

BladeCenter huh? How is the pricing on that stuff? I looked at the platform once (about 4 or 5 years ago) and ran away screaming and waving my arms in the air. As I recall, it was rather expensive to add FibreChannel to that puppy. But that *was* a long time ago.

I have clients who are using P5 class servers for their ERP, and they couldn't be happier. Given that you can both macro- and micro-partition P5 servers, what is it about the BladeCenter that is so attractive?

--
Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead