Re: Strange 10046 behaviour when java involved.

From: Giovanni Cuccu <giovanni.cuccu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 12:13:31 +0200

Stefan,
  my experience does not match your. Invoking System.out or System.err does write to trace files, this is the standard behaviour. I'ts documented in the Oracle Java Developer's Guide, if attach the relevant section:

3.4 Redirecting Output on the Server

System.out and System.err print to the current trace files. To redirect the output to the SQL*Plus text buffer, use the following workaround:

SQL> SET SERVEROUTPUT ON
SQL> CALL dbms_java.set_output(2000);

IMHO using a logging api should solve the problem and lets you instrument your code.
Hope it helps,
Giovanni

P.S. second try due to previous overquoting

On 5/11/06, Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Giovanni,
>
> as far as I'm concerned, the oracle jvm doesn't have any reason to write to
> any tracefile at all unless (somehow) instructed to do so ? I've never
> before noticed this behaviour, but today my trace file parser choked itself
> on all the various output coming from java :)
>
> Stefan

Another free oracle resource profiler
http://sourceforge.net/projects/oraresprof/
Now version 0.9