Re: Is an Oracle license required for a development environment?

From: Mogens Nørrgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 08:16:15 +0200

For the same reason, we've just hired a former Oracle sales manager/director, who worked there for 16 years. Only way to make sure we can advise our customers on this stuff.

I've spent some time reading the official licensing and pricing information, and I've been involved in several cases and even disputes regarding this, but I must admit it's a jungle, and only by having actually brokered lots of these deals yourself do you stand a chance of knowing what is possible and what is not.

Mogens