Re: somewhat OT: passsword vaults

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 09:19:52 -0700

For retrieving passwords at the command line (scripts, cron, etc) I use a Perl based password repository. It retrieves passwords from a server.

For sharing passwords with other users, we purchased Enterprise Password Safe from Argosy Telcrest.

Decent product, it allows simultaneous access, restrictions based on groups, etc. It also has auditing, and will email you if you like when a password is checked out.

http://www.argosytelcrest.com/enterprise_password_safe.html

Jared

On 5/9/06, Adams, Matthew (GE Indust, ConsInd) <MATT.ADAMS_at_ge.com> wrote:

> Is anybody using any of the many password vault
> systems currently availble for managing oracle passwords?
>
> We currently have well over a thousand accounts we need to share
> with a large, multi-country team of DBAs.
>
> Looking for a good password vault that is multi-user and secure.
>
> Any opinions would be welcome.

Jared Still