RE: ASM is single point of failure ?

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 21:24:58 -0700

>>>"blackbox" - my sentiments exactly. I have a few customers
>>>that use ASM and they don't seem to mind it and they love
>>>the price - penny wise and pound foolish.

>>>Since Oracle is pushing/integrating it, RMAN and OMF, I've

Utterly bizarre. When I did The Tens project (http://www.polyserve.com/requestinfo_form.php) which was 10,000 users 10TB and a 10Node 9i RAC prrof point on PolyServe CFS (1 year before OCFS was "announces"), there was this bizarre backlash about OMF...know why? Because the only CFS that supported OMF on Linux at the time was PolyServe and Oracle was feeling a wee co-opetative....

ASM is a choice. Certified CFS is a choice. Oracle has opened the CFS certification, we jumped though the hoops...