RE: Oracle10g temporary tablespace and datafiles

From: Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 08:12:15 -0400

Sve,

David's suggestion is one way top do this.

I would follow another approach.

Create a new temporary tablespace in the new location using the script below. The next day (or maybe later the same day) you will be able to drop the old temporary tablespace. If I read your email correctly, there is no way to remove a single file from a multi-file tablespace - you need to drop the entire tablespace to do that.

Good Luck!

Tom

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE "NEWTEMP"
   TEMPFILE '{file_name}' SIZE 200M REUSE    AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 100M MAXSIZE 1000M    EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL UNIFORM SIZE 1024K; ALTER DATABASE DEFAULT TEMPORARY TABLESPACE "NEWTEMP"