RE: table reorg

From: Hallas, John, Tech Dev <John.Hallas_at_gb.vodafone.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 11:56:35 +0100

Does v$session_longops not show anything?

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of raja rao Sent: 06 May 2006 15:47
To: oracle list
Subject: table reorg

Hi All,

How to track the table reorg:

alter table xyz move;

A 2 GB table is taking long time to compelte the operation (almost we waited for 2 hrs, but no use).

Other tables more than 2 GB also taking little time ( ~ 15-20 mins).

can someone tell me how to track this and what could be the reason for this specific tbale taking long time for reorg ?

I checked for the wait events. No locks, no wait events.

is there a way to check the progress of this process ?

Thanks,

Raj

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman9/*http:/us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http:/messenger.yahoo.com/> for just 2¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.