Re: RAC 10g on SUN 5.8

From: Ray Stell <stellr_at_cns.vt.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 11:16:10 -0400

On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 03:09:09AM -0400, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> You should have a tool called VxVM which could be used to configure and share volumes.

This Veritas product (volume manager, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VxVM) is an addon and may not be installed, though I agree it SHOULD be there, the native sun stuff is much less pleasant. If it isn't installed I ask the admin to fix that. You may be in the clutches of disksuite: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solstice_DiskSuite

The standard OS stuff is in /etc/mnttab, device.tab, and look in the /etc/dfstab dir for nfs stuffs.

If you are working on a SAN/mulitpath system, you really do need VxVM bigtime.

> a reference implementation, instruction and support. May the farce be with you.

I did get the nfs type to work following the oracle install guides, but only with 10gR2. I thought the install guide was pretty good since it gave me a working system and I didn't know what I was doing:
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/install.102/b14205/toc.htm

"Good Night, and Good Luck"