Re: table reorg

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 16:51:32 +0200

did you check wait events at instance level ? or using sql trace:

alter session set events '10046 trace name context forever, level 12';

alter table xyz move;

alter session set events '10046 trace name context off';

then check the resulting trace file, gives you the most detailed view of what's going on

or, while the move is already running, query v$session to get the sid/serial#, then use
dbms_support.start_trace_in_session(sid,serial#,true,true); to start trace from your current session (must be dba) - if dbms_support isn't available in your database, and you're in 9i or above, @?/dbms/admin/dbmssupp.sql will create it.

Stefan