RE: DBA Role Privs

From: Burton, Laura <BurtonL_at_frmaint.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 16:18:06 -0500

Ok, I received a couple of ideas and have tried both of them, but this is my pick. However I am getting the following error when trying to create the attached trigger:

Errors for TRIGGER CHECK4DBA_TGR:

LINE/COL ERROR

40/9 PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "SEND_EMAIL" when expecting one

         of the following:

         := . ( @ % ;

         The symbol ":=" was substituted for "SEND_EMAIL" to continue.

I did have EXECUTE in front of the procedure, but read where it should be a CALL. I thought , AHA, that's the problem....but received the same error. I can copy the EXECUTE procedure (now a CALL) line into SqlPlus and it works fine. It's just not working within the trigger. I read where you can execute a procedure from a trigger, but the example did not have it in a plsql block. Could this be the problem? I thought I read something about executing a procedure within a plsql block, but I have read so many different things today I'm having an information overload.

Any help, or direction, would be appreciated.

Thanks, Laura

From: Baumgartel, Paul [mailto:paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com] Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 12:54 PM
To: Burton, Laura; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: DBA Role Privs

You need a DDL trigger, not a table trigger. Consult CREATE TRIGGER in the SQL manual and search for "ddl_event".

Paul Baumgartel
CREDIT SUISSE
Information Technology
DBA & Admin - NY, KIGA 1