Re: Snapshot of one schema into another schema

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 14:21:51 -0500

Christo,

I wouldn't rule out exp/imp. You are correct that the indexes would need to be rebuilt, but hey, you'd have a month to build them - right? Or maybe you wouldn't need all the indexes in your copy.

Also consider transportable tablespaces. I could see that data pump would be worth considering. Not sure what you mean by network link (loopback dblink) with remap parameter. I'm lazy and for something that runs only once a month, I tend to want something that is durable and I don't have to fix it each month.

Dennis Williams