10g R1 dbConsole stopped working after database configured with Oracle Fail Safe

From: Li Li <litanli_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 11:19:53 -0500

Hi, All,

I have a 10g R1 database, its dbconsole worked fine before I configured the database service into a 2-node windows cluster with Oracle Fail Safe. Now dbconsole seemed to not able to get the status of the database. Whenever I go to the dbConsole URL, it always says: "The database status is currently unavailable. It is possible that the database is in mount or nomount state. Click 'Startup' to obtain the current status and open the database. If the database cannot be opened, click 'Perform Recovery' to perform an appropriate recovery operation."

I tried to remove the dbConsole using emca and rebuild it with either the real host name or virtual host name of the cluster, but neither seemed to work.

Any comments? suggestions?

TIA!
-Li

--