Archiving: Recovery, ARCH LOG, Dataguard Question.

From: Chris Marquez <marquezemail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 11:58:42 -0400

Is my memory fading me, but is there not a parameter the will (specifically) force a redo log(s) to be archived.

I thought LOG_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL or LOG_CHECKPOINT_TIMEOUT did that, but as I re-read these parameters definitions they seem to only control the checkpoints which my indirectly effect log switches the thus archiving...maybe not?

FAST_START_IO_TARGET seems to be in the same boat as these other two older parameters.

Thanks,

--

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA