Re: Normalized Databases = Poor Performance?

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 07:39:08 -0700

On 5/4/06, Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I think enough time has passed since Hotsos that I will just
> put it on my website. Something to do this evening I guess,
> not that there's a shortage of things to do.

'Normalize for Performance' can be found at jaredstill.com, under the 'Articles' heading.

Included PowerPoint, Word doc, scripts used during the presentation, as well as a DMP file to load the test schema.

On some of the tests with query rewrite on Materialized Views, your mileage may vary between versions of Oracle.

What didn't work on 10.2.0.1, does work on 10.2.0.4(?), depending on how the SQL is written.

--
Jared Still