Limit CPU number on ORACLE database??

From: dba1 mcc <mccdba1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 11:28:18 -0700 (PDT)

We have ORACLE 9i and 10G on LINUX servers (Redhat AS4). We plan to purchase 4 CPU SMP server, but we only have two ORACLE CPU licenses. I knew other databases like Informix you can setup configuration file parameters (like NUMCPUVPS=2) for CPU usage.

Does ORACLE have similiar function?

If NOT does LINUX support similiar function (like limit ORACLE can ONLY ise 2 cpu)?

Thanks.

Do You Yahoo!?