Re: Restore Readonly Tablespace Via Partial Clone

From: Andrey Kriushin <Andrey.Kriushin_at_rdtex.ru>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 20:55:02 +0400

Bob wrote:

> Hi, Im running behind, but my experience is , including undo and
> opening the db via partial clone, will corrupt the datafiles . Just
> system and sysaux.
> bob

As far as I know, *undo* doesn't corrupt datafiles, but instead participates in recovering them ;-). Of course, in your particular case with cold backup after clean (it that true?) shutdown there are no dead transactions which need to be recovered.

BTW, probably I missed something: what do you mean by "partial clone"? Is that some new procedure in 10g which I'm not aware of? Some automated step in TSPITR? Or is it just good old "take some datafiles, switch the others offline or not mention them when creating controlfile"?