Re: enable row movement

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 08:52:06 +0200

I cannot reproduce, works as supposed for me...What version are you on ?

  1 create table t (x number, y char(10))   2 partition by range (x) (
  3 partition p1 values less than (100),   4 partition p2 values less than (maxvalue)   5* )
test_at_CENTRAL> /

Table created.

test_at_CENTRAL> select table_name, row_movement from user_tables where table_name='T';

TABLE_NAME                     ROW_MOVE
------------------------------ --------
T                              DISABLED

test_at_CENTRAL>
test_at_CENTRAL> insert into t values (10,'a');

1 row created.

test_at_CENTRAL> commit;

Commit complete.

test_at_CENTRAL> update t set x = 110 ;
update t set x = 110

       *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-14402: updating partition key column would cause a partition change

test_at_CENTRAL> alter table t enable row movement;

Table altered.

test_at_CENTRAL> update t set x = 110 ;

1 row updated.

test_at_CENTRAL> commit;

Commit complete.

test_at_CENTRAL> alter table t disable row movement;

Table altered.

test_at_CENTRAL> select table_name, row_movement from user_tables where table_name='T';

TABLE_NAME                     ROW_MOVE
T                              DISABLED

test_at_CENTRAL> update t set x = 10;
update t set x = 10

       *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-14402: updating partition key column would cause a partition change

test_at_CENTRAL>

Stefan